We collect information from you when you register on our site and gather data when you participate in the forum by reading, writing, and evaluating the content shared here.
Your e-mail address will be verified by an email containing a unique link. If that link is visited, we know that you control the e-mail address. The forum requires only one person per account.
Any of the information we collect from you may be used in one of the following ways:
- To personalize your experience — your information helps us to better respond to your individual needs.
- To improve our site — we continually strive to improve our site offerings based on the information and feedback we receive from you.
- To improve customer service — your information helps us to more effectively respond to your customer service requests and support needs.
- To send periodic emails — The email address you provide may be used to send you information, notifications that you request about changes to topics or in response to your user name, respond to inquiries, and/or other requests or questions.
We store your information (and the whole forum) on a server we believe to be secure. This server exists for this purpose alone, and was set up by a professional who specialises in setting up this forum software. We have a very small number of people that have full access to all your information, and an automated logging system tracks their movements (meaning that they need to be able to justify using full site access). We use complicated and unique passwords for our access, that are stored with encryption.
We will make a good faith effort to:
- Retain server logs containing the IP address of all requests to this server no more than 90 days.
- Retain the IP addresses associated with registered users and their posts no more than 5 years.
Yes. Cookies are small files that a site or its service provider transfers to your computer’s hard drive through your Web browser (if you allow). These cookies enable the site to recognize your browser and, if you have a registered account, associate it with your registered account.
We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside parties your personally identifiable information. This does not include trusted third parties who assist us in operating our site, conducting our business, or servicing you, so long as those parties agree to keep this information confidential. We may also release your information when we believe release is appropriate to comply with the law, enforce our site policies, or protect ours or others rights, property, or safety.
Occasionally, at our discretion, we may include or offer third party products or services on our site. These third party sites have separate and independent privacy policies. We therefore have no responsibility or liability for the content and activities of these linked sites. Nonetheless, we seek to protect the integrity of our site and welcome any feedback about these sites.
Our site, products and services are all directed to people who are at least 18 years old or older.
This document is CC-BY-SA. It was last updated November 12, 2020.